The other Waterstones in Plymouth is in a red-brick neo-Georgian building. Called Leicester Harmsworth House after Sir Robert Leicester Harmsworth who acquired the Western Morning News in 1920, it used to house their offices and has a lovely feel about it.
This is a photograph from when it was the newspaper offices – the image can be seen here.
Located on Plymouth Hoe, this was originally the third Eddystone Lighthouse in Cornwall. It was damaged and the top portion was erected in Plymouth as a memorial to the designer and civil engineer, John Smeaton.