High Wycombe in Buckinghamshire is a town of two halves. We arrived and parked in a modern shopping centre full of the usual High Street shops, including the Waterstones – outside of the shopping centre is a more traditional shopping centres with some attractive buildings including the Guildhall and the Little Market House.
The plaque on the Guildhall reads:
Note the now obsolete spelling of the word expense!
The Little Market House
This statue below appeared above the entrance to the Red Lion Hotel (demolished in the 1960s) but it is not known when it first appeared. The earliest photograph it appears in dates from 1832. It now stands above a row of shops!